Wednesday, February 6, 2008

New Construction - Oswego & Montgomery

Well..in the middle of the blinding snow today I drove around looking at new construction! Several of the offices were closed....but at least 2 were open. I visited Hunt Club in Oswego, Illinois. and Saratoga Springs in Montgomery, Illinois.
Hunt Club is a new Oswego community by Town and Country Homes. Althought they are still marketing and building under the name Town & Country Homes, they were recently acquired by K. Hovnanian Homes (see press release here). I think Town & Country has some of the best floor plans around - always open, spacious and unique. If you're familiar with Churchill Club in Oswego, also by Town & Country, you'll be happy to know that the lots at Hunt Club are much bigger. Lots in Churchill Club are small and close together - while lots in Hunt Club range from just under a quarter acre all the way up to a full acre (acres won't be available for some time). Right now - base prices range from the $280's up to the $350's. There's also a $50,000 incentive for the next few days.
Saratoga Springs is a community in Northern Montgomery built by Saratoga Homes. From what I remember, they first popped up here in Montgomery just a few years ago. They operate out of El Paso, Texas and the Montgomery/Yorkville area is their first move into Illinois. They have 2 communities in Montgomery (Balmorea & Saratoga Springs) and one in Yorkville (Caledonia). Saratoga Springs is about 60% built out but they still have plenty of homes for sale. I spoke to the sales manager today and she said they specialize in spec homes - and she gave me a list of 41 homes they have under construction - all with varying delivery dates. The nice thing about what we call "Spec Homes" are that the construction is already under way so you get a quicker delivery date. The downside - many of the upgrade choices have been made for you. In Saratoga Springs they are offering a discount on many of the spec homes - ranging from $20,000 to $50,000. Not bad. I've been through most of the models and I have a list of standard features built into their homes.
If you'd like to know more about any of the communities I mentioned above please give me a call. I'm very familiar with how the new construction process works and it helps to have someone on your side when you go through the process. It doesn't cost you anything more - the builder pays my commission. But I must register you at the builder in order to work with you.
Well - good luck in your home search and I hope to hear from you!

Bo Buchanan
Kettley Realtors
630-846-HOME(4663)
http://www.illinoishousehunter.com/

No comments: