Maybe along the way they plan on driving by a couple houses for sale or checking out a new neighborhood. If you mowed your lawn on Tuesday - it may be getting pretty long by Sunday. High profile holidays offer a great opportunity to showcase your home.
I often hear sellers say "No one will be out looking at houses on Mothers Day or Christmas or Thanksgiving". Truth is - the buyers are out. Anyone seriously looking for a home will drive neighborhoods any chance they get. Having a well-manicured lawn could help your home stand out and get some curious buyers walking through next week. So even if you mowed the lawn a few days ago - another quick cut could help.
But don't stop there. During the fall - raking up those leaves could help you rake in buyers. Without even knowing it - buyers associate a well-manicured lawn with a well-kept house. Attention to detail on the outside - usually spells attention to detail on the inside. During the winter, having clean sidewalks and a plowed driveway is a great way to attract buyers. It says - these people care about their house. It also means they don't have to trudge through the snow.
Here's a list of upcoming high profile celebrations in 2008 that give you a chance to help attract buyers. But remember - there are always big events happening locally that make a difference too. Does your town hold any annual festivals? Also - don't forget things like Superbowl Sunday, Oktoberfest, or Black Friday - the biggest shopping day of the year.
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 26th
- Fathers Day - Sunday, June 15th
- Fourth of July - Friday, July 4th
- Labor Day - Monday, September 1st
- Columbus Day - Monday, October 13th
- Halloween - Friday, October 31st
- Election Day - Tuesday, November 4th
- Veterans Day - Tuesday, November 11th
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 27th
- Black Friday - Friday, November 28th
- Hanukkah - Sunday, December 21st
- Christmas Day - Thursday, December 25th
By the way - Happy Mothers Day Mom!
Bo Buchanan, Kettley Realtors 58 Chicago Rd, Oswego IL. 60543 (630) 846-4663
Photo provided courtesty of FreeFoto.com