I was out mowing the lawn today and couldn't help but pause to look at my house. I realized that I don't usually stand on the sidewalk and just look at my house. Do you? So I walked up and down the sidewalk looking at my house from different angles - like a buyer driving by would.
It's important to remember - the first tme a buyer sees your house, they will probably be driving by. In two or three minutes they will form a lasting first impression. Will they turn around and drive by again? Will they call an agent to schedule a showing? Will they write down that phone number and call for more information? As a seller - you want the answer to all those questions to be YES. Here are a few tips on how you can stage your home from the curb:
- Edge the lawn along your driveway, sidewalks and curbs.
- Make sure those lightbulbs work in your outside lights.
- Is your address easily seen from the street?
- Do have downspouts on all the gutters?
- Are the windows clean?
- Put fresh mulch down in plant beds, around trees, etc.
- Pull those weeds!
- Trim tree branches that block a clean view of your home from the street.
- Powerwash the siding, the driveway, the sidewalk and anything else you can think of!
- Buy a new doormat.
- Secure anything that is loose - siding, gutters, trim.
Tracking the Real Estate Market in Oswego, Montgomery, Yorville & Aurora.
Bo Buchanan, Kettley Realtors 58 Chicago Rd, Oswego IL. 60543 (630) 846-4663